Episode #46 Hunting with a Mosin Nagant
Download | Duration: 00:45:59
The Mosin Nagant is a great rifle and very effective on Whitetail Deer. However, the safety is very different than what most people are used to, so before taking it into the woods to use for hunting, please make sure you know how to operate it. Also, please make sure you keep the safety on until you are ready to fire the weapon.I love to deer hunt with my Mosin Nagant. In this episode I share with you the basics of what you need and what you can with a Mosin Nagant and describe how you can take your military surplus rifle and turn it into a deer slayer. These rifles are great trunk guns, survival guns, beater guns, plinkers, but they also are highly effective on whitetail deer. There are lots of ammo choices for hunting applications with the Mosin Nagant. You can take these same principles and apply them to any military surplus rifle.
You will learn the following:
- What is a military surplus rifle?
- How much does a Mosin Nagant cost?
- What are the different Mosin Nagant options on the market and which ones are better and which are the most accurate?
- Can you hunt without sporterizing?
- What is the difference between a Bubba Sporter, Sporterized, and an Original Scope Mounted Configuration?
- Quick discussion of the ballistics comparison of the 7.62x54r round.
Here is my rifle in the original wood stock, shortly after purchasing
Here is the same rifle after I sporterized it. Believe it or not, I can switch it back to the wood stock in just a few minutes work